"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Church as Mother

To fully grasp what I am aiming for as I continue to post and update this blog is to truly come to an understanding of my faith through the eyes and with the full support of the Church. What makes this endeavor easier is because I am operating within the guidelines of the Church. To have that is true freedom.

What I mean by that is this: think about kids on a playground. They are running about and going every which way and they could run off anywhere at anytime with no notice and get lost or hurt. Now think about that playground with a fence surrounding it. There is little to no danger anymore about running amok. There is little chance to get hurt or lost. The freedom that comes with knowing that you are safe is what is truly liberating. I can do pretty much anything as long as I stay within the "fence."

This is not just any "fence", mind you, but the one that gives the most freedom. Granted there are a lot of "playgrounds" out there to choose from and not all of them are truly what they seem. What makes my "playground" different is that it has the "fence" and it has a supervisor, my Mother, to oversee what goes on. It's easy to pick out which one that I am going to go to play at everyday.

(I hope all this playground anology is making some sense. Stay with me, I am going somewhere with this.)

Because I have the consent and the blessing from my Mother, I am able to get the most out of my experience and the most out of my day. My Mother loves me and wants the best for me. I trust Her and I know that She will not lead me on the path of destruction or let me get hurt.

It's good to have a Mom like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment