"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Door has been Opened

Two days ago, about 10:30 at night, as I was working on the opening lessons for a series I am giving at the local Newman center where I am the advisor, my phone rang. It was my girlfriend, clearly distressed and upset. Apparently things were being said between her and her mother and they progressed again to me being Catholic. Misunderstandings again were spewed forth and my girlfriend was trying her best to allay her mother's fears and misconceptions. She could only take so much. I was called in the middle of this.

Soon after she called, she gave her mother the phone and I spoke with her. God must have thought that it was the right time to talk about all the misconceptions. I answered the best that I could in that short time, but I am sure that there will continue to be questions. At least that door has been opened now. I told them to come to me whenever they have a question on anything Catholic. She even acknowledged that they should have been more open about asking.

All I can say is praise be to God. If anyone reads this besides me, prayers would be great. God bless you.

1 comment: