"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Vianney"

Last night I went to the one man show "Vianney" that has been performed all over the United States by Leonardo Defilippis. All that I can say is "wow". It was a truly edifying experience and one that I hope makes it all the way to the Holy Father himself in Rome.

It's a simple play and gives a good portrait of a humble man now known as the Cure of Ars. His close relationship with St. Philomena is a friendship that transcends the bounds of time and space. Truly this man is a saint and it's no wonder that he is to be forever known as the patron saint of all priests. Let us all pray for more vocations and let us recite with him the prayer that he said daily:
I love You, O my God,
and my only desire is to love You
until the last breath of my life. 
I love You, O my infinitely lovable God,
and I would rather die loving You,
than live without loving You.
I love You, Lord
and the only grace I ask is to love You eternally...
My God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love You,
I want my heart to repeat it to You as often as I draw breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment