"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Monday, May 17, 2010

"Behold, I make all things new"

"3 I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with the human race. He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them (as their God). 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, (for) the old order has passed away." 5 The one who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Then he said, "Write these words down, for they are trustworthy and true." 6 He said to me, "They are accomplished. I (am) the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give a gift from the spring of life-giving water. 7 The victor will inherit these gifts, and I shall be his God, and he will be my son" (Apoc. 21:3-7).

God's plan is so supremely better than any of our grandest ideas or plans that we have. When God dwells within you, you cannot but help be filled with a joy that nothing else can give. God indeed wipes away all the tears and takes our worries and pain and cares as His own. He takes them and makes them go away. And in their place, he gives life and hope and he makes all things so wonderfully new. And what God sets his mind to, he accomplishes. And he knows the plan from beginning to end and if we trust in Him, we know that he will always lead us in the right direction.

May we always strive to be in His will for His purposes. Amen.
St. Paschal, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment