"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Monday, May 3, 2010

"He saves in time of trouble..."

Often in the course of life, a man must make some tough decisions. These decisions can and do affect not only him, but others as well. The true quest, as I am coming to find out, is not necessarily the end result, but the journey itself. Getting from point "A" to point "B" will undoubtedly happen. It is the way that one gets there that truly allows a man to grow into what he should become and must become in order to be what God wants him to be.

A true leader must make decisions that are tough and that others might not understand until they look back at a distance. A true Christian must take up His cross and follow Him. But His yoke is easy and His burden is light. We are not given more than we can handle. And Christ assures us that He is with us always, even unto the end of the age.

I don't know how much more obvious God can get. It is my perceptions, 'mis' or otherwise, that oftentimes get in the way of me truly seeing what the Lord has laid out for me. I am hesitant not because I don't trust God, but because I don't trust myself and my ability to make decisions. I know that I can, it is the act of doing that I seem to be shying away from.

I must take heed of the words, "Fear not, for I am with thee: turn not aside, for I am thy God: I have strengthened thee, and have helped thee, and the right hand of my just one hath upheld thee." -Isaiah 41:10.

Or these great words from the Old Testament that have always brought comfort to me, "My son, when you come to serve the LORD, prepare yourself for trials. Be sincere of heart and steadfast, undisturbed in time of adversity. Cling to him, forsake him not; thus will your future be great. Accept whatever befalls you, in crushing misfortune be patient; For in fire gold is tested, and worthy men in the crucible of humiliation. Trust God and he will help you; make straight your ways and hope in him. You who fear the LORD, wait for his mercy, turn not away lest you fall. You who fear the LORD, trust him, and your reward will not be lost. You who fear the LORD, hope for good things, for lasting joy and mercy. Study the generations long past and understand; has anyone hoped in the LORD and been disappointed? Has anyone persevered in his fear and been forsaken? has anyone called upon him and been rebuffed? Compassionate and merciful is the LORD; he forgives sins, he saves in time of trouble." -Sirach 2:1-11.

1 comment:

  1. MVV,the choice is clear - YES you should bring us frozen custard from Culvers!

    ReplyDelete