"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Joys of Being Catholic!

Recently, a few Reformed Christians -David Meyer and Christopher Lake- decided to make the leap into the Tiber and come back (or for the first time) to Holy Mother Church. Praise God! Their stories are just a few of the conversion stories that are happening right now.

I'm not sure about you, but whenever I hear about those who are converting and those who have "found" (as if it was ever lost!) Christ's Church, I cannot but help be humbled and overjoyed with them! My spirit does leaps and bounds and a profound love and joy well up deep inside of me. I am emotional for them and with them. Please pray for them as I am sure this will include some difficult times. But the richness and the fullness of the faith will surely outweigh any of the negative aspects to this process! The joys of being Catholic!

What a privilege we have to welcome them with open arms and with open hearts. What a privilege to pray for them and with them. Our God is truly an awesome God!

Let us pray for the continued reunion of all Christians and that more are open to the call of God and to taking Jesus' prayer seriously that "we may all be one!"

+St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher, ora pro nobis!

No comments:

Post a Comment