"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Sunday, June 27, 2010

What's with Beauty?


This was a question that had been troubling me
so I asked my dear Lord, "What's with Beauty?"
He didn't tell me but directed me to another.
He said, "Ask Mary," His most beautiful Mother.

I thought this a bit strange, why would this be?
But I said, "Umm, Mary... teach me about Beauty."
And right then and there it dawned on my soul,
and the words that she taught me made my heart whole.

She said, "Come to adoration and kneel down to pray,
keep your eyes fixed on Jesus whatever you say,
but notice the monstrance all beauty ornate,
it shines with the splendor of the heavenly gate.

Precious jewels and gold fit for a king,
enticing your eye making you sing."
"It surrounds Beauty in beauty so He can be adored -
Child! I AM THE MONSTRANCE I hold up the Lord!

It was my life's sole purpose and it's still what I do,
I gave him to shepherds, I give him to you.
"I show him off to the world for all to see,
always pointing inward so you look past me.

I use my beauty and strength, my gifts and my charm
so you'll only see the divine Child in my arms.
You're captured by Beauty, drawn in to the One
who died and then rose and now shines like the sun."

"Momma," I said, "what do I do with these graces?"
"Be the smile," she said, "that illumines dark places.
Be a good steward of your talents and gifts
pointing toward Jesus so He won't be missed."

And now I'll pass on her final commission.
It goes for me and for you and for every good Christian.
Now it's your turn, consider this your duty:
You become the monstrance- Let's save the world with Beauty!
--(Author: Unknown to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment