"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Adoration: Remedy to Stress

Lately, I have been in a constant conversation with myself about a lot of different things. It's been good days, bad days, and just daze sometimes. One minute I feel that I should be going in one direction and the next minute, I feel that I should stay the course that I am on.

I get frustrated at myself and have trouble sometimes with what exactly is going on. I will say that because of this internal "strife" I have been even more prayerful than normal and it has been an opportunity to again place all of my woes and worries in Christ's hands. Those wonderful hands that stretched themselves out on that cross for me. I don't have to worry about if I am the only one in this. I know that God Himself has gone through this and is going through it all with me now.

I thank Him for all the support of friends, family, and the prayers that I know are being said. And another great benefit through this has been my adoration time. It's increased a lot in the past month or so (going from no time to some time is a big increase.) I find myself ever more longing to spend some more time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. To paraphrase a great saint, "I just stare at Him and He just stares right back".

Adoration: try it and you'll be hooked.

2 comments:

  1. MVV, there were times in my engagement when I didn't know if T and I had made the right decision - so soon after his ex, so quickly we went from friends to dating to engaged to married. It was only at Adoration that I could clear away what everyone else was saying and all my worries. It was there that I felt PEACE about my upcoming marriage, and reassurance that I was following God's plan for my life.

    I think it's great that you're going to God. He'll take care of you. Go where there's Peace - a Peace that surpasses all understanding.

    ReplyDelete