"I believe, in order to understand; and I understand, the better to believe." - St. Augustine

"No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother." - St. Cyprian

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Meant to Be

Love will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be...

What amazing words from a band called "Mumford and Sons." It's from the title track Sigh No More. It was actually suggested by a really great priest friend of mine. Seriously, one of the coolest guys ever.

When I listen to this song and really feel the words, I come to a sort of peace. When I hear "Love will not betray you" I hear God telling me these words. This is the same God who IS Love. When you are in love with God and being loved by God, it will set you free. It will help me to become the man that I am meant to be.

I have no idea of where I am going or what I will do. All I know is that I love God and I want what He wants. And music is a gift from God. Seriously. Find some that means something and listen to it. He might be speaking through that. Where my life will take me is up to Him. I will respond accordingly.

When I love as God Loves, I will truly be set free.

1 comment:

  1. Beyond God, I've found those lyrics to be true for other loves in my life - Travis, my mom, my kids and the friends who know me best and who love me anyway. I don't have to pretend to be something I'm not to make them happy; I don't have to compromise my beliefs or standards. Of course, I see these loves as some of the greatest gifts God has given me, which makes complete sense.

    I liked this post, MVV. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete